Seaside Residences Siglap | About Siglap
One of the most attractive things about Seaside Residence has to be its location, in the suburb of Siglap.
Siglap, like the other east side hubs of Katong and Joo Chiat, has a distinctive charm and character of its own, composite of pleasantly laid back neighbourhoods and food and beverage joints in all sorts of nooks and corners.
It is one of the most sought-after areas to live in, in Singapore. The residential area here is composed entirely of private housing, either condominiums or low-rise landed houses. It is home to mainly upper-middle class families, often long time residents who would never consider moving elsewhere.
Even newcomers are drawn by the fact that it is just a 20 minute drive from the CBD, while yet retaining a pleasant domestic charm.
Seaside Residences Siglap · A Place To Call Home
What draws people to want to live here? Perhaps a composite of factors.
- There is a certain quaint flavour that permeates the streets of Siglap – a laid back casualness and neighbourliness, that invites you to chill out and relax.
- While it is a relatively quiet neighbourhood, it has earned a reputation as a hip place for food. Thanks to the proliferation of cafes, bars, and restaurants that have sprung up along major roads, in old shophouses, and in malls like Siglap V.
Some of the most popular outlets in the area include Udders & Kook Ice Cream, Megumi Japanese restaurant, Craftsmen Speciality Coffee at Siglap V, or The Royals Cafe. Then we have the old favourites like Vie Bar on Upper East Coast Road, Soy Eu Tua Coffeeshop, and Indian Curry House.
- Part of Siglap’s appeal lies in its nearness to both Changi Airport and the city, as well as to some of Singapore’s most reputable schools, like Tao Nan School, Ngee Ann Primary, CHIJ Katong Convent, Victoria School. Great for families.
- Another of Siglap’s attractions is that the adjacent suburbs provide lots of amenities. It is right between Marine Parade and Bedok, two good areas for shopping, food and other needs. There is a generous range of leisure options too.
- Siglap is also one of the few places in Singapore that can command full sea views and quick access to the beach.
Seaside Residences Siglap · The Future
No major developments have taken place in Siglap for some time now. But that is set to change.
Firstly, it will finally get an MRT line, the Thomson East Coast line (TEL), that will make a stop here at Siglap station. Siglap and the East Coast area have been well supplied with bus services, and the lack of a train line has not dimmed its desirability to residents so far.
But the coming of the Siglap MRT station, expected to complete around 2023, should make this area even more popular, and boost its property values further.
The other change is the launch of Seaside Residences. Siglap has not had a major new residential project since 2001, 16 years ago. So there is likely to be pent up demand for new homes with full condominium facilities, in this location.
Add to that the fact that Seaside Residences will be just 3 minutes walk to the future Siglap MRT station, and we have a very nice pairing of factors here.
SEASIDE RESIDENCES SIGLAP · SHOWFLAT VIEWING · VIP PREVIEW
Please register here to receive updates on the Seaside Residence once available.